Postdoctoral Training at The Jackson Laboratory
The Jackson Laboratory offers a unique research and training environment characterized by scientific collaboration, unparalleled mouse resources, outstanding core services and a major meeting center that attracts top scientists from around the world.
We have two primary research campuses, one in Bar Harbor, Maine and one in Farmington, Connecticut. Both offer a uniquely collaborative scientific research environment.
Postdoctoral Associates have access to superior scientific support services, unparalleled mouse and genomic resources, training programs, and numerous courses and conferences centered on research in genomics, genetic diseases and biomedicine.
Our training program wins awards
We give our postdoctoral trainees the best and most well rounded training available. Our trainees:
- Learn to write grant applications
- Interact with world renowned scientists on a daily basis
- Have outstanding scientific core facilities at their fingertips
Our benefits go beyond the bench
Currently, about 40 postdoctoral associates are training at the Jackson Laboratory. Each postdoc can focus on their training while enjoying:
- NIH scale stipends, regardless of the funding source
- Health benefits provided by The Jackson Laboratory
- Our beautiful environment -Acadia National Park is our next door neighbor
- A great place to raise a family
Interested in our program?
Faculty members at The Jackson Laboratory are usually looking for qualified postdoctoral candidates. Please consult our faculty pages and contact individual faculty to explore opportunities available. You can also apply online now.
For more general inquiries, contact the Education office.